If you are planning to start an online business there would be a question in your mind that which is the best payment gateway in India? Our eCommerce expert team is here to provide you the list of top 10 best payment gateway in India.
How to choose the best payment gateway in India
The number of people in India who shopping online is increasing these days consequently Indian E-commerce is the fastest growing industry from 5 to 6 years. Prepaid payment options for customers is equally important as cash on delivery. Most of the customers prefer to pay through their debit cards, internet banking, or e-wallet after this pandemic crisis of 2020. It has been pre-assumed that after COVID 19 pandemic online payment would be the first choice for customers and eCommerce companies. It would be a remarkable transformation in the market with the Requirement of online payment gateway in these circumstances.
Things to keep in mind before choosing the best payment gateway in India
Before choosing the best payment gateway for your business you have to keep in mind which service fulfills your requirement based on your business.
So here we have listed certain things which you should consider according to your business requirements.
- Consider the payment charges like setup fee, annual maintenance charges, and other payment gateway charges.
- Payment gateway set up time duration
- Multiple payment options
- International currency support
- After-sale support
We have briefly mentioned all these points of each payment gateway service provider. For this reason, we have not ranked the top 10 best payment gateway in India in this list
Razorpay payment gateway solution provides its service exclusively in India. Merchant can collect recurring payments share the invoices in Razorpay platform
Razorpay payment gateway Charges
- Zero annual maintenance charge
- ·No setup fee
- 18% GST applicable on the transaction fees.
- 2% transaction fee for every successful transaction
- 3% transaction fee on international cards, EMI and Amex
Supports hundreds of payment method all major credit and debit cards,50 net banking, mobile wallet, UPI, Bharat QR code and card or cardless EMI option
- Razorpay payment gateway does not redirect the customer to their application. all transaction is made in a single page.
- Razopay onboarding process is quick and fast approval than any other payment gateways.
- 3 days settlement days
- 24/7 customer support through chat and phone
- International credit card payment usually takes a longer time to get approved
- Does not support multi-currency
- The strategy which has attracted the customers towards this free payment gateway for a website is its transparency. It has simple and transparent pricing plans for running its business smoothly. RazorPay charges no hidden fees during the registration or in the midway. And this way, it can be considered to be the cheapest payment gateway in India.
Paytm is the largest multiple mobile payment platforms including mobile recharge, utility bills, online marketplace. It can be the best payment gateway for small businesses in India. because of its popularity and accessibility.
payment gateway charges
- 0 payment gateway setup charge
- No annual maintance charges
- Unlimited monthly acceptance limit
- O% transaction charges in payment done through UPI and Rupay debit cards
- 1.99%+gst transaction charges on payment with credit cards,net banking and Paytm wallet
- 0.4%+ gst fee for transaction amount less than Rs2000 and 1.9%+gst fee for every successful transaction above Rs2000 on all VISA debit cards
- It supports all national cards like VISA, Maestro, Amex, Rupay, etc
- you can start accepting payment with this payment gateway in 2 to 3 days after completing all documentation process
- Multiple channel integration like woocommerce, open cart, Joomla, Shopify, etc
- Payment Gateway does not support multi-currency and international credit cards
- No option to collecting monthly recurring payment for subscription-based service
As launched in 2001 CC avenue is the oldest and one of the biggest payment gateway service providers in India. It provides more than 200 payment alternatives including major credit cards like VISA, Amex, Diners Club, JCB, and EzEClick, etc.
CC Avenue Payment gateway charges
- No setup fee
- Rs 1200 annual maintenance charge
- 2% transaction charge on payment via national credit and debit cards like VISA,Mastercards,Mastro.2% for mobile e[wallets(MobiKwik / JioMoney / PayZapp /Freecharge / The Mobile WalletITZCash / ICash / Oxicash / PayCash) 3% for International Credit Cards on Visa, Mastercard while 4% in American Express, JCB and Diners Club.In spite of 0% transaction charges on Rupay debit cards and UPI payments.
- WhatsApp messages and SMS notification for Invoicing, Order Alerts, etc. will be charged 30 Paise & 25 Paise per message respective
CC Avenue Payment Gateway Reviews
- CC Avenue offers more than 200+ payment options including major credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, Amex, DIner’s CLub, etc.
- It supports multi-currency processing merchant can Collect payments in 27 major foreign currencies and allow his customer to pay in the currency
- It has Retry option to reduce of abandon transaction in case of failure of payments
- CC avenue enables Dynamic Event Notification notifies the merchant about the events that happen in his CCAvenue account to take timely action towards it.
- CC Avenue provides you Fraud & Risk Identification System & Knowledgebase including velocity check and block control
- Fastest Activation within 1 hour after successful registration & Easy Integration
- Sub-merchant needs to maintain a minimum balance of Rs 1000/- in your online CCAvenue.com Account. CCAvenue settles payments on a weekly basis. after net payable amount exceeds Rs 1000
- Not compatible with small business because it requires a lot of documentation required to activate
- Customer support is not up to the mark
Formerly known as( pay u money) pay u is one of the best payment gateways services provider in India. It does not require highly technical skills to PayU provides its service more than 4000 merchants including leading e-commerce companies like Goibibo, Rechargeitnow, Jabong, Snapdeal, Bookmyshow, Ferns n Petals, Tradus, Travelyaari, Zomato Groupon, etc.
Pay u payment gateway charges
- No annual maintenance charge
- No setup fee
- 2%+ GST flat transaction fee on Domestic Credit & Debit cards on Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay.3%+GST on the international transaction and EMI option,2%+GST Flat fees on IMPS cash cards and UPI
- Zero withdrawal fee
- International transaction /credit card and multi-currency supported
- Minimum documentation required with just your bank details you can start an online business.
- 2 days settlement days after a successful transaction except for Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays
- Supported with all major eCommerce CMS system like Opencart, Magento, WordPress, ZenCart, Zoomla virtue mart
- Mobile app integration for Andriod and IOS
- Pay U does not support to collect monthly recurring payment to sell digital goods like CC avenue and Razorpay payment Gateway.
- No webhooks available for developers
Instamojo is one of the best Indian payment gateways solutions for small businesses with or without a website. A new merchant can easily create an account instantly without any lengthy onboarding documentation.
Instamojo Payment Gateway charges
- No setup fee and zero annual maintenance charges.
- 2%+Rs 3 flat transaction charges in selling physical goods while you have to pay 5%+Rs 3 flat fees on selling digital goods like ebooks, images, and music, etc
- International credit card transaction Visa, Mastercard, and American Express: Flat fee 5% + Rs 3 per available on request.
- Fast and instant to start the transaction as you sign up for payment gateway service.
- Easy integration no developer skills are required
- 3 days settlement in your connected bank account.
- Real-time sales tracking, referral code, social media support
- No multi-currency support Instamojo payment gateway available in INR only
- The recurring payment collection is not available to sell subscription-based services as compare to Razorpay and CC Avenue Payment Gateway.
Cashfree payment gateway
If you are looking for widest payment options in your business Cashfree Payment gateway is the right choice for you. Cashfree Payment Gateway supports (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Rupay, Amex), 75+ Netbanking options.
E-wallets like Airtel, Mobikwik, Freecharge, along with the option of Buy Now PayLater and cardless EMI options such as ZestMoney, OlaMoney postpaid, etc.
Cashfree Payment Gateway Charges
- Zero initial setup and annual maintenance fees
- 1.75% + Rs 0 flat fee per transaction through Credit & Debit cards on Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay, 75+ net banking and E-wallets.
- 3.5% +Rs 7 flat fees per international transaction with VISA, Mastercard, and American Express credit cards.
- 32+ International currency support
- Automated recurring payments and subscription management merchants can Collect payments for subscriptions via links or API. Customize subscription plans.
- 24 hours settlement days next day payout after successful transaction.
- Cashfree payment gateway also offers multiple payment options like pay later and EMI options.
- Go live within 24 hours of sign up and unlock the international payment option instantly.
- Only one con which I have noticed that it is not available in the Mobile platform like Razorpay and Instamojo Payment Gateway.
EBS payment gateway
EBS or E-Billing Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is one of the best leading payment gateway provider in India.EBS is the first Indian merchant account provider to achieve PCI DSS 3.0 standards of fulfillment. Not only but also authorized by security and process obedience followed by ISO 27001-2013 Standard. It is considered as one of the most secure payment gateways.
EBS payment gateway charges
- Zero initial Setup cost
- Rs 2400 flat annual maintenance fee applicable every year with a one-time setup fee depending on the package selected.
- 2% flat fee per transaction through Credit & Debit cards on Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay, 75+ net banking, and E-wallets.
- 3.5% flat fees per international transaction with VISA, Mastercard, and American Express credit cards.
- 4.99% multi-currency transaction charges
- Multi-currency support EBS payment Gateway supports 11 international currency including INR, USD, GBP, Euro, Arab Emirates Dinar, Qatari Rial, Omani Rial, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar, and Australian Dollar),
- 2 days settlement period after a successful transaction.
- All major CMS supports like Magento, Zencart, Zoomla, WordPress,open-cart, etc.EBS payment gateway would be the best choice if you are looking for the most advanced secure payment service provider.
- EBS payment gateway does not support collecting monthly recurring payment on a subscription-based business.
Paykun is one of the best payment gateways that specially designed to provide a hassle-free online onboarding process and instant merchant account activation. It is a PCI-DSS Level 1 compliant that provides SSL and AES 256 encryption. If you are looking for secure and encrypted transactions Paykun is the right choice for you.
payment gateway charges
- No setup and annual maintenance cost
- Flat 1.75%+GST fees on all transactions through domestic debit cards, net banking, UPI, Wallets
- Flat 2%+Gst transaction fee on payment with a domestic credit card and Paytm wallet.
- 3%+Gst flat transaction fee on payment via International Credit Cards, Diners, Amex Cards and JCB
- Paykun payment Gateway provides fast online onboarding process in result can go online in a few hours,
- It provides free integration kit with all major APIs and SDKs like PHP, Python, WordPress, opencart, Magento, .net, iOS, Android, etc
- Also follows Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) 3.2.1 Level 1. including AES 256 encryption and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Small online business merchants can generate payment links without having a website or application and start collecting payment.
- Paykun does not support multi-currency currently only INR available
- It does not support collecting recurring payment options for subscription-based business services like music, video streaming, and software.
Easebuzz is a software-based platform especially for Freelancers, Designer, or event managers. Usually, they want to sell their products online without having a website or application. Easebuzz allows creating payment links and webstore.
Easebuzz payment Gateway charges
- No initial setup cost
- Zero annual maintenance charge
- Flat transaction fee 1.5% payment via domestic debit cards (Visa, Master, Rupay, and Maestro)
- 2.2% flat transaction fee on payment through domestic credit cards (Visa, Master, Rupay, and Maestro)
- 2% flat fee on net banking (70+banks)
- 1.2% per transaction charge on UPI and 2.5% on mobile Wallet Paytm, Mobikwik, Jio, Oxygen and 7 more)
- 2.2% charge on Buy now pay later-OLA option
- 2.5% per transaction fee on EMI (6+ Banks)
- Easebuzz provides Value-added services for Vendor Payments B2B, Split Payments, Recurring payments for subscription-based business, Application form (CMS) for collection of fees/bills/invoicing amount, and smart payment link solution.
- Easebuzz has PCI-DSS compliant servers for online transactions compliant with bank-level security. and 28 bit SSL encryption
- Fast onboarding completely online KYC verification
- Does not support the international transaction via credit cards
- Multi-Currency support not available only INR
DirecPay is a payment service provider that enables the merchant to accept customer payments from credit cards, debit cards and net banking, UPI, mobile wallet all under one roof. DirecPay is registered with VeriSign and PCI DSS certified as we can say it is the most secure payment gateway.
Directpay payment Gateway charges
- Zero setups and ZERO annual maintenance charge
- Flat 2% transaction charge payment via domestic Credit and Debit Card on (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay), wallets, NEFT, IMPS, Cash cards & UPI
- Flat fee 3% on each successful transaction through Amex, ezeClick, JCB, and Diners.
- First of all, it is Verified By Visa and MasterCard Secure Code protocols to reduce 90 % chargeback level
- DirectPay is registered with VeriSign, the world’s best and most trustworthy Net Authentication Agency
- IVR service allows a customer to pay for the services availed from a merchant, using a phone. You can use Either a mobile phone or landline can for transacting through the IVR.
- The onboarding process time is very long. it can take around 5 to 6 days that is very long as compared to other payment gateways.